The Museum can arrange tours for school groups. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- General tour duration is 1 hour 15 minutes.
- We generally advise that school groups split up into smaller groups after the tour is completed to revisit displays with teacher supervision if time allows.
- Teachers and support staff are responsible for all children and their behaviour – “NO RUNNING IN THE MUSEUM PLEASE!”
- School tour duration can be adjusted for younger children. Please request the tour duration when booking.
- Morning recess and lunch can be accommodated at the Museum. Please discuss this at the time of booking.
- Cost $4 per student under 16.
Educational tours are done on many subjects:
- Explaining how aircraft fly and how they work.
- How transport has changed from 1900 to the present day.
- The story of flight in South Australia and the first flight in South Australia.
- Famous pilots of South Australia – male and female.
- How we restore our aircraft – all restoration is done in-house. This topic appeals to older students.
Downloads for Teachers